THE GREAT COSMOS
THE GOLDEN LAND
THE FAR LANDS
THE ASTRAL PLANE
THE STAR LANDS
Whatever the academics are calling them this week, there are places beyond Deep Country. We know that the Underground connects all things, so whether these places exist in a distant space, time, or possibility, is the subject of debate.
If looking into Deep Country is like looking at the shadows of our embarrassing past, the Star Lands are glimpses of what could be.
There is always a glimmer of humanity. There is always a Bastion.
While the True Bastion is a heap of chaos beneath a veil of order, these places are bound by rules, in spite of their alien exterior. Rules themselves can be a physical presence. The abstract is concrete, and the symbolic is literal.
STR 8, DEX 18, CHA 6, 5hp. Silk Dresses, Soft Bodies, Giant Frog Mouths (d6).
- Avert their eyes from the hideous appearance of any non-volo beings.
- Want to collect things they consider most ugly, for their own amusement. Commonly includes birds, which they also enjoy eating live.
- If they encounter somebody that reminds them of themselves, but less beautiful, they consider them an insult and obsess over killing them.
Their Bastion: All decadence and statues, but nobody has enough food and the trains don't run on time.
STR 14, DEX 5, CHA 5, 8hp. Crooked Back, One Giant Eye, Mining Tools (d8, bulky) and Measuring Devices.
- Want to turn everything into flat surfaces and correct angles.
- Go berserk if somebody messes with something they've carved into the correct shape.
- Love their ferret-like pets, which are ultra-violent towards other animals.
Their Bastion: A colossal red pyramid dotted with hollowed-out meeting cubes.
STR 9, DEX 8, CHA 4, 7hp. Stretched-out body, grinding voice.
- Cannot exist outside of the narrow crack they are born into.
- Shrivel and die if dragged out into the open.
- Believe that if they create a volcano they will be freed, but they have no means of doing it.
Their Bastion: Empty caves linked by cracks full of grinding screams.
STR 5, DEX 5, CHA 7, 3hp. Rotting bodies, rusty guns (d8), damp black wigs.
- Can only speak truth, but are ashamed of everything they reveal.
- Because of this, they fear gaining any knowledge at all and lash out at those that would educate them.
- Will do anything to forget the things they know.
Their Bastion: Piles of pitiful beings, covering their ears, while their city decays.